For Immediate Release
Laura Beck, for AARP Innovation@50+ LivePitch
AARP Innovation@50+ LivePitch Announces Volunteer Judges and Coaches of 6th Annual Dual-Pitch Event April 12-13
Industry Experts Support and Evaluate 10 Caregiving and Health Technology and 10 Financial Technology Finalist Startup Companies
Washington DC, April 10, 2017 – AARP is pleased today to announce the volunteer judges and coaches for its sixth Innovation@50+ LivePitch event which will be held Wednesday April 12 and Thursday April 13, 2017, at the Computer History Museum in Mountain View, CA. Twenty startup companies, ten in caregiving and health technology and ten in financial technology, will pitch their businesses at this unique two day dual-pitch event. The coaches will provide presentation tips to the finalists and the judges from 1843 Capital, Box, Citigroup Ventures, Fenway Summer Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Kleiner, Perkins Caufield & Byers, Maverick Capital and Omidyar will evaluate the pitches. For more, please visit www.innovation50plus.org.
“We extend our sincere appreciation to the executives who generously give their time and share their talents with the startup companies pitching at our event,” said Jody Holtzman, senior vice president, Market Innovation, AARP. “The judges and coaches on board to support AARP Innovation@50+ LivePitch are some of the best in the businesses in healthtech and fintech.
AARP’s Innovation@50+ LivePitch event is a two day pitch competition for emerging startups in caregiving health and financial technologies. Each day the event will begin with conference sessions on caregiving, and savings and planning, respectively, related to the 50+ age group. It will include keynotes from Jo Ann Jenkins, CEO AARP, and Jean Chatzky, Financial Editor of NBC’s TODAY Show. Each afternoon, ten finalist companies in each category will present their business plans on stage in three minute presentations to a panel of judges that includes venture capitalists and angel investors, as well as AARP members representing consumer end users.
The caregiving and health technology industry expert judges who will evaluate the 10 finalists and ultimately select a winner, include:
• Ambar Bhattacharyya, Managing Director, Maverick Capital
• Missy Krasner, Vice President & Managing Director, Healthcare and Life Sciences, Box
• Alexander Anthony Morgan, Principal, Khosla Ventures
• Lynne Chou O’Keefe, Partner, Kleiner, Perkins Caufield & Byers
The financial technology industry expert judges who will evaluate those 10 finalists and ultimately select a winner, include:
• Tracy Chadwell, Founding Partner, 1843 Capital
• Tilman Ehrbeck, Partner, Omidyar Network
• Matthew Perlman, Principal, Fenway Summer Ventures
• Gaurav Tewari, Managing Director, Citigroup Ventures
The coaches and facilitators who will provide presentation tips to the finalists include:
• Sivaram Arabandi, MD, MS, Clinical Informatics, ONTOPRO
• Sarah Biller, FinTech Entrepreneur & Investor, Brandeis University
• Cory Bolotsky, Community Manager, Underscore VC
• Kim Bond Evans, Co-founder and CEO, Seremedi
• Sandeep Burugupalli, Business Strategist, TMC Innovation
• Jeff Cain, Incubator Director, Envestnet | Yodlee
• Dinesh Chheda, Managing Partner, Chheda Advisory Services
• Lindsay Denault, Director of Commercialization, Carolinas HealthCare System
• Dorit Donoviel, Director-Biomedical Innovation Lab, Baylor College of Medicine
• Benjamin Glenn, Partner, Shay Glenn LLP
• Karen Griffith Gryga, Chief Investment Officer, DreamIT
• Alicia Heazlitt, COO, Signature HealthCARE
• Jason Henrichs, Managing Director, FinTech Forge
• Tom Hutchins, Principal, FinTech Forge
• Erik Ibarra, Chief Experience Officer, Calamine
• Zac Jiwa, CEO, MI7, Inc.
• Maria Lajewski, Senior Manager, Center for Financial Services Innovation (CFSI)
• Paulo Machado, Founder & CEO, Health Innovation Partners
• Tony Matessa, Director-Innovation Solutions, Fuse by Cardinal Health
• Linda Plano, Founder & Coach, Plano & Simple
• Asad Ramzanali, Senior Manager, Center for Financial Services Innovation (CFSI)
Additional information, including details on programming content and speakers, is provided at www.innovation50plus.org.
AARP is the nation’s largest nonprofit, nonpartisan organization dedicated to empowering Americans 50 and older to choose how they live as they age. With nearly 38 million members and offices in every state, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, AARP works to strengthen communities and advocate for what matters most to families with a focus on health security, financial stability and personal fulfillment. AARP also works for individuals in the marketplace by sparking new solutions and allowing carefully chosen, high-quality products and services to carry the AARP name. As a trusted source for news and information, AARP produces the world’s largest circulation publications, AARP The Magazine and AARP Bulletin. To learn more, visit www.aarp.org or follow @AARP and @AARPadvocates on social media.